- Lantern Making Workshop – Lunar New Year is this Sunday and our friends at 107 Projects in Redfern, in partnership with ReCo, are hosting a sustainable Lantern Making workshop where you’ll be able to make a unique lantern using household recycled materials and plant offcuts. There are 5x 45 minutes sessions available between 11am-4pm, materials are supplied so get in and book now! Tickets are $20 per child. Location: 107 Projects, Level 1, Community Building, 2 Davy Road, Eveleigh 2015. Parent supervision required.
- Bushcraft – If your kids love working with their hands and making things, they will likely love the Centennial Park’s Bushcraft program. Centennial’s Expert Educational Rangers will take your kids through how to tie knots, build a tarp shelter, identify plants useful for making cordage and jewellery, and how to use basic cutting tools for whittling tent pegs and bush tools from green wood. For children aged 8 – 12 years. Tickets are $35 per child. Location: Centennial Park Venue Grand Drive, Centennial Park NSW 2021. Parent supervision not required.
- Park Science Marvellous Machines Morning – Inspire your child’s inner engineer with this workshop organised by Centennial Park, who will teach them about simple machines such as screws, wedges, levers, and pulleys using natural materials and by playing games. Working in teams, they will design and build a pulley system that will be able to lift objects from the ground using a pulley system of your own design. For children aged 5 – 12 years. Tickets are $35 per child. Location: Centennial Park Venue Grand Drive, Centennial Park NSW 2021. Parent supervision not required.
- Taste of Bush School – Taste of Bush School is perfect for your little ones. Allow your child to explore nature, test their balance skills, listen to stories and just play! Centennial Park’s bush school rangers have organised a morning of fun that gets you and your kids off the couch and outside. For children aged 2.5 – 5 years. Tickets are $35 per child. Location: Centennial Park Venue Grand Drive, Centennial Park NSW 2021. Parent supervision required.
- Spotlight Prowl for Families – An evening of fun for the whole family awaits you on the Spotlight Prowl of Centennial Park! Dusk is an amazing time to explore the park, home to many nocturnal animals including; brushtail possums, microbats, and tawny frogmouths to one of Sydney’s largest colonies of grey-headed flying-foxes. Join the experienced rangers for a fascinating and surprising spotlight walk to see how the park transforms when the sun goes down. Tickets are FREE for kids and $23 per adult. Location: Centennial Park Venue Grand Drive, Centennial Park NSW 2021. Parent supervision required.
Sydney Fringe caters to both big and little kids alike so keep an eye out in September for our Fringe Kids shows and Fringe Kids Day that promise a bucket load of fun, performances and activities for the whole fam.